WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
A designer who is highly collaborative, curious about the world and considerate of others. Interested in solving business problems just as much as making cool shit. Ideally has experience working at firms focused on branding or design. Capable of taking an initial design idea and turning it into everything from a bumper sticker to a responsive website. A detailed and positive person who always sweats the small stuff and never backs down from a challenging assignment. You also need to love research and learning about new things. We prize an outgoing and engaged personality.
You will work closely with lead designers, writers, art directors, collaboration managers and founders in a supportive role designing presentations, brand guidelines, collateral, packaging, paper systems, emailers, websites, infographics, new business decks, and more. There will also be opportunities to contribute to branding projects - identity, icons. We are a small shop and thus require a candidate who is highly flexible with their skill set and willing to learn new skills.
• Must be skilled in Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
• Basic understanding of HTML, CSS a must
• Knowledge of Word, Powerpoint, Keynote
• Understanding of prepress, setting up mechanicals, paper, printing techniques a MUST
• Ability to work independently in a small environment and manage multiple projects
• Ability to synthesize creative direction and client feedback and work towards strong design solutions while maintaining a positive attitude
• Willingness to learn and explore constantly
• Sensitivity to current design and cultural trends
• Good team player and communicator – we are an open and highly collaborative office
• Must meet deadlines
• Healthy level of perfectionism
• Ability to work within a brand’s tone, look and feel
• Generous PTO policy - 3 weeks per year
• Paid holiday closures including an extra week between Christmas and New Years
• Health, dental, and vision benefits package paid for by us
• Quarterly team outings
• Weekly yoga class at our studio
• Eligibility for one month sabbatical after 7 years of continuous full time employment
MORE ABOUT US
We are an independent brand studio in Austin, Texas that refines and redefines brands for people pursuing growth. With a focus on naming, narrative and visual design, we’ve created award-winning solutions for a variety of brands, including Maui Brewing Co., the College Board, and the Clif Bar Family Foundation.
Email your digital portfolio, resume, cover letter and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.